Wednesday 2 November 2011

Respect your Elders...

I sat opposite a gorgeous old couple on the tube last night. Both impeccably dressed, the quintessential English couple..
 
I have always thought, as true 'grown ups' (65+) they have the pick of all the incredible fashion era's that they have lived through and finally decide on their own style in retirement.

Now, although I have only lived through 3 decades.. (a mere baby some might say)..
1980's- well, i was a child so it does not count (mum dressed me!!)
1990's- apart from a slight 'blip' in styles when the spice girls got me to buy cropped tops, hotpants and platformed buffalo's.. (tragic!). ..I was a grunge girl at heart! Music & 'My so called life' were my inspiration.
2000's- My years on the buying floor. There have been sooooooo many trends, some flash in the pan and some with a little more longevity. But there has always been one constant for me, jeans and a tshirt. Nice and simple and I can't see me changing anytime soon.

I wonder what the future generations will think of us, sat on the tube (hopefully we will have a nicer way to travel then?? space pods??).. in our vintage jeans and breton stripes, I cant wait to see this!


Don't get me wrong, i am not wishing my life away.. I have a few more mountains to climb first!



No comments:

Post a Comment