Sunday 16 October 2011

The skinny is born!


In 1964, denim evolved to add Lycra through the cotton, and subsequently the Skinny jean is born! Can you imagine your life without them? As a buyer I have a real fear of the day the trend will wane, its been running strong for 5 years now which in the fashion world is a life time! No other trend on my buying floor has lasted this long. But we all must remember, the denim world is not driven from the catwalks, our runway has always been the street... When you find a style that works all you can do is look to build on it- the trend has evolved of course in the denim washes /colours and prints as seen in stores today.
Long may it continue I say!!


Check out this Wrangler ad, what can I say.. it all comes back round in the end! The must have trend for denim AW11 is garment dyed (coloured) jeans. Every good store out there will have at least a couple of the key colours from berry reds to heathered oatmeal. I personally have my fair share folded in my wardrobe, but I would love this mint pair for ss12 please!!..

No comments:

Post a Comment